Thursday, October 11, 2012

Coming home!

It has now been a year since I started this blog. I can honestly say that I am a different person than I was then. Not only on the outside, but also a lot different on the inside. Weight loss can only be successful if you change completely. In the past, I'd lose weight, but I would change how I looked at food, life or myself, and I'd put the weight (and then some) back on. This time is different.

While living in West Virginia, I had the opportunity to work at a therapeutic boarding school for girls. It was amazing! While there, I learned A LOT and healed. I was able to forgive my ex-husband and others who have hurt me in the past. I learned to love myself and see myself as I am, BEAUTIFUL! I was able to recognize the reasons why I was using food and my fat to "protect" myself. Knowing is half the battle. I found who I AM and who I WANT TO BECOME!

Sadly, I became homesick and started having issues with my back. After much mediation and prayer, I chose to move home to Oregon. I'm now looking for a job and place to live and settle down. I'm also looking at going back to school and finishing my degree in Fitness and Nutrition so I can become a trainer specializing in food and nutrition. I've become very passionate about healthy food and exercise over the past year. I get very excited anytime someone starts asking me about it. I want to help others to discover the happiness I have. Being healthy is good!

Now, I admit, I still have another 130 lbs to go, but I'm also enjoying how far I've come! Before packing up to leave West Virginia, I went through my clothes and got rid of 2 big garbage bags full of clothes! I'm noticing more and more of my clothes becoming lose on me. I'm also able to wear clothes that I had stored away for 3 yrs because they were too small. :) I have more definition in my face and my collar bone! My rings slid around on my hands often because they are getting smaller! I'm enjoying the smaller me!

The Road Trip:

The Good - I got to spend two weeks with my mom driving from West Virginia to Oregon. We visited friends and family along the way. As well as, visiting 15 LDS Temples! It was so much fun!




 Here's a few photos I took on the trip.

The Bad - Sitting in the car for long periods of time, caused my legs to swell BADLY! I tried putting them up, but we didn't have much room in the car. Thankfully, the swelling has mostly gone down now. :)

The Ugly - Junk Food! We had every intention of eating healthy the whole trip, but lack of time, planning, and will power equals buying whatever looks good at the gas station. We did, however, try to stop at Subway for lunch and/or dinner whenever possible.

The Beautiful - I saw so much beauty on this trip! I took like 600 pictures! But what really stood out to me was myself. I don't mean to sound conceded, but I kinda am discovering myself and my new found love for myself. I think part of it was visiting people and seeing their reactions. :) Life is beautiful!

Now:

Now, I'm back in Oregon ready to start life! I'm so excited for all the yummy fresh produce and healthy foods I can find here! I've found a 5k to run on Thanksgiving here! AND I'm doing another reboot! Who wants to join me? I'm going to start on Monday, October 15th! I'm so excited for this part of my journey!!!

Starting Weight: 365
Current Weight: 295 lbs!

70 LBS GONE!!! GOOD-BYE FOREVER!!!

1 comment: