Friday, December 2, 2011

The Challenge of Eating

I apologize for the long absence in posting, but I will try to be better about it. As some of you know, I've been going through a lot of emotional stress in my personal life. I am going through a divorce, trying to find a job, and for the first time in my life I'm living completely alone. For the past month, I've been trying to adjust to my life changes. Honestly I think I'm handling everything pretty well. I've recognized that I need to feel the emotions, deal with them, and let them go. It's okay to cry. Also, okay to be happy even when you are sad about the things that are happening in your life. Praying, journaling and spending time with friends have been great tools for me during this time.

Now that you know about how I've been handling my mental/emotional health, let's talk about my physical health. I'm still struggling with remembering to eat often, however for the most part I've continued to eat healthy. I love to eat fruits and vegetables! I'm not craving things like I use to. Also, I use to get heartburn and nausea a lot. Now I never get heartburn and only occasionally get nausea when I eat meat or carbs. I usually drink herbal tea to help settle my tummy. I love peppermint tea!

Thanksgiving:
The day of celebration and being thankful was a hard day for me. However, I am proud to say that I didn't have any big melt downs and I ate fairly healthy. My family had dinner at my Aunt's house. At no point did I eat so much that my stomach hurt and I felt exhausted. I tasted everything that I wanted to eat, but filled up on vegetables and salad. And yes I did have some pie. :)

With Christmas coming, I'm learning to say "no thank you" more often or limiting myself to one treat. I've found that keeping my fridge and cupboards full of healthy choices makes it easier on me.

If anyone who has been reading this, has made some changes in their lives and would like to show their story, please let me know.

Starting weight: 365 lbs
Current weight: 335 lbs!!!
I've lost another 5 lbs! Making my total weight lost 30lbs!

1 comment: