Thursday, April 19, 2012

Turn a Negative into a Positive!

About eight months ago I had my life fall apart. My health wasn't good, I lost my job, we couldn't pay the rent, and my marriage fell apart. Most times in my life when things would be hard, I'd sink into depression and not cope with it very well. At first, that's what I started to do. However, something changed this time. I decided to change. I decided to be happy and to make changes in my life to become a better, healthier Stephanie. Since then I have made huge strides in my life!

Food: I don't look at food the same anymore. I LOVE to eat fresh fruits and vegetables! I have zero desire to eat fast food. I'm able to say "no thank you" when someone offers me something I don't need. I don't have to eat just because there's food there. I'm continuing to learn the right balance of food for my body.

Exercise: I have made some HUGE changes in exercise over the past month! I find myself actually looking forward to exercising. The other day I was stressed, so I went and worked out on the treadmill. It felt great! Yesterday, I ran/walked a mile in 19 minutes! Soon I'll be running the whole thing! Oh, and I am now able to run one minute at a speed of 5 mph! YAY!

Mind/Emotional: I have learned so much about myself and the strength I have within me! I'm learning to focus on the positive and not let the negative bring me down.

Journey is far from over, but I am amazed at how far I've come!

Now, here's for the best news of all .... I stepped on the scale Tuesday night (4/17/12) and I now weigh ... 318 lbs! That means I've lost a total of 47 lbs!!! My clothes are getting looser and I feel great! Next target: to get under 300 lbs!

Starting weight: 365 lbs
Current weight: 318 lbs

Total lost: 47 lbs!!!

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, you are amazing!! Congratulations! I think it takes a lot of strength to make changes, it's much easier to be depressed, you are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather! It is hard, but I decided to change and I want to inspire others to be able to do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete