Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 3 of Reboot


My mom and I are now on the 3rd day of a 15 day Entry Reboot (Check out www.jointhereboot.com for details). On Monday morning, my mom and I went to Fred Meyers and filled a cart with fresh fruits and vegetables. We got a lot of looks and comments from people. We didn't find everything that we needed, but we filled our fridge and counter tops!

Note: there are a few things in the fridge that we are not eating, but are from before.

We also went to Trader Joe's (LOVE IT!), an Indian store, and an Asian  market to get a few things. After 3 days, we are feeling good and discovering new foods. We are also learning how to store the fruit and vegetables and that we need to only buy for a few days at a time instead of a week because we don't have the space and things go bad. Here are a few pictures from the past few days:






 My mom cutting up apples for part of breakfast.




Cherry Cinnamon Apple Bake ... 
We couldn't find fresh Cherries so we used dried one which was a mistake. It was too dry. I think I'll try it again with canned or fresh cherries.






Mom about to drink her fruit juice ... Green Juice (that's the name) ... it tasted better than it looked.





That's me trying to get up the nerve to drink my Green Juice! LOL



 Raw Carrot Ginger Soup
It looks really yummy, but I think I want to try it again and change it a little.





Arugula Spinach Salad before we mixed it all up.








Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing
Really easy to make from scratch and we love it!










Arugula Spinach Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing
(this is only 1/3 of a serving size!)





Blackberry Kiwi Blend ... Super yummy!

















Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed with Mushroom and Sage

I usually don't like mushrooms, but I loved this! I will be making this one again!


Green Vegetable Soup while I was making it.



Maple & Cinnamon Baked Apples and Pears

I learned that the pears need more time than the apples ... oops.








 
I'm also trying to be more active, but haven't started an exercise routine yet. 

My Current Weight: 356 lbs. - 9 lbs gone!


No comments:

Post a Comment