Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Time for a Reboot!

I have struggled with my weight my whole life! I've gone to nutritionist, Weight Watchers, physical trainers, and tried lots of diets. All which are great things to do, but I've continued to struggled. I'm now 27yr old and 365 lbs! I have trouble sleeping and when I do sleep, I'm tired when I wake-up. I'm tired so much that I don't enjoy things that I want to do. I knew that I needed to make a change, but what?

 Since I was 18yrs old, I've been having doctors tell me to have Bariatric surgery (they have been telling me to lose weight long before that). I have thought a lot about it, but I don't want to have to do it. This past summer I was diagnosed with a displaced disk in my back which is pushing against my spinal column. I need spinal surgery, but my neurosurgeon won't do it until I have lost 150lbs. or more. In September, I went for my annual check-up and my doctor suggested that I look into the Paleo Diet. I looked into it, but just didn't want to give up the foods I like (I think most of us feel this way about diets). My husband's cousin, who is a trainer (thanks Mindy), suggested that I watch "Food Matters" and "Forks over Knives." Then a friend of mine (thanks Elizabeth) posted something on Facebook about the video "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." I watched it with my mom and it changed my life.

After watching "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead," I started thinking about how I keep "trying" to lose weight, but I realized that I keep eating the same food hoping that something will change. The fact is that I need to CHANGE how and what I eat! So, I went to www.jointhereboot.com and started.

In this blog I will be talking about the foods I am eating, my exercise, and how I am trying to create a healthier me! I do want to make it clear thought that I am not trying to lose weight so that I can become beautiful and sexy because I ALREADY am beautiful and sexy; I just want to become healthier.

Let the journey began to A Healthier Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment